If your volunteer service is eligible…
You may apply by using our online form. Please note that you must apply for your grant by November 30 of the year in which your volunteer activity took place.
When you click on the “Apply now” button, a new window will open with the online application form.
Is this the first time you are applying for a volunteer grant?
If it’s your first time, you will be asked to register in the system by providing the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your employee number
- Your department (except retired employees)
- Your contact information
- Your immediate supervisor's name and contact information, including email address (for active CN employees only)
Once you have registered, you will be asked to provide details about your volunteer experience, including:
- The name of the organization you volunteered for and its relevant contact information.
- An official representative or paid employee from the organization along with his or her contact information including an email address.
- If you live in:
- Canada: the organization's “Business Number” (BN) as set by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- The U.S.: the organization's “Employer Identification Number” (EIN) as set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- The number of hours you have volunteered with the organization in the current calendar year (January 1 through November 30).
- The type of the volunteer work you provided.
If your request is approved…
Upon approval, an e-mail will be sent to the individual from the organization that you identified to inform them of the forthcoming grant.
You will be notified by e-mail about the status of your request.
For more details, see a list of frequently asked questions about the expanded CN Railroaders in the Community employee volunteer grant program.